Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Weird Easter traditions from around the world EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Weird Easter traditions from around the world

4 posters

Go down

Weird Easter traditions from around the world Empty Weird Easter traditions from around the world

Post by combom Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 pm

It's Easter weekend and Britain is stocking up on chocolate eggs and hot cross buns, but elsewhere in the world there are some extremely wacky traditions going on...

1. Surely the strangest Easter custom takes places in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, where there is a tradition of spanking or whipping women on Easter Monday. Males throw water at females and spank them with handmade whips made of willow and decorated with ribbons at the end. The spanking is supposed to be symbolic and according to legend, females should be spanked in order to keep their health and beauty during the next year. It doesn’t sound too fun for the women!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2009/04/09/weird-easter-traditions-from-around-the-world-115875-21266238/
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Weird Easter traditions from around the world Empty Re: Weird Easter traditions from around the world

Post by mary Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 pm

i would take the whip and really belt the guy who tried that on me , pity the woman don't stop it, wouldn't bother me about the water ,but certainly wouln't be hit with willow ,with or without ribbons.

mary

Back to top Go down

Weird Easter traditions from around the world Empty Re: Weird Easter traditions from around the world

Post by sleepy0905 Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 am

that sounds a bit barbaric
sleepy0905
sleepy0905

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 pm

the whip really concerns me, why wait for easter Smile
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Crikey! I believe you have to pay good money for that sort of thing in certain circles Shocked Laughing

As it's 'symbolic' though, I would imagine it's more an excuse for a bit of fun than anything unpleasant!
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 pm

as i said, why wait for easter Smile
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down