Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
is disappointment... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

is disappointment...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

is disappointment... - Page 2 Empty Re: is disappointment...

Post by coley1 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:29 pm

And the huntin', shootin', fishin' tory landowners haven't enjoyed the same benefits? Of course people will be inclined to vote for a candidate they feel a 'commonality' with. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just how it is!

I agree on the whole

Do you not think that an awful lot of 'Rednecks' would have voted against Obama, purely because of his ethnic background? I reckon there may be one or two more of them than there are 'African Americans' (IMO, approaching a nonsense term anyway - would you call yourself 'Norman English', 'Viking English' etc?) so one can only presume that 'middle of the road' types, of whatever colour, were the deciding factor in his election.

I think you may underestimate the amount of 'rednecks' versus ethnics in the US. It is a huge % larger than the UK. In the south it is 55% 'Afro American' and 33% 'Hispanic' That only leaves 12% 'redneck'!!! The % over the whole of the US is 31% ethnic minorities but that is projected to be 49.9% by 2050!!! That sort of % would send shockwaves in the UK!!!

Here's a little link on that so I can't be blamed if the info is wrong (or if I have interpreted it incorrectly Wink )

http://factfinder.census.gov/jsp/saff/SAFFInfo.jsp?_pageId=tp9_race_ethnicity

Rednecks would most definately have voted republican. I would guess most of the 'non rednecks' would've voted Obama. What I was trying to say is that with the 'Afro Americans' They would ALL have voted Obama where as the 'white amercians' were a split vote. So yes the MOR types did decide the vote.

Yes 'Afro American' is a silly outdated term but it is still the term used by American Governments.

coley1 wrote:Where you see ethinic candidates do well and that have large ethnic communities are where the BNP will also do well. The 2 go hand in hand.

Its a simple thing really. If there isn't a problem then there is no protest. Areas that seem non racist are not necessarily so. The majority are not racist at all. However minorities cause more problems than majorities and they also push their cases a lot harder than the majorities do!!!

I am like you, I am milk bottle white, blonde hair, blue eyes. German English Wink. lol I have no animosity towards anyone who isn't. Ask my wife who is Black Portuguese. That doesn't mean that I agree with open borders to the EU though!!! In fact if there were a referendum I would vote to leave the EU and close the borders. That doesn't make me racist or Xenophobic. It just means that we as a country are becoming overloaded with minorities and whilst people can suggest that the majority of people who come here do so because they want to live a 'British' way of life. This is definately true of the previous generations of Indians, Africans and Pakistanis who indeed came here and want to enjoy our culture as much as theirs. However this is not the case with the immigrants/migrants now. Some do want to mix but the vast majority use the word 'culture' as a weapon. We have to respect their culture as we should do but there is no suggestion that they should respect our culture. In fact we alter our culture as to not offend their culture!!! Culture these days tends to be used by the minorities as a way of refusing the english way whilst protecting their own. This is true even of my wife!!! She uses the word culture to defend anything.

AC

But do they, really? I'm about as milk bottle white as you can get but have absolutely no animosity to anyone who isn't! As I've said before, of course there are extremists on all sides but I truly believe that the vast majority of folk just want to get along and go about their buisness. I think the electoral support for 'non British' (for want of a better term) candidates is more an intermediate process than a long term issue![/quote]
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum